Primary Homemaker Services for Diabetes
Living with diabetes brings challenges everyday. From eating healthy to managing blood sugar and insulin levels, diabetes may require supplemental care. Our experienced, professional caregivers can help with daily care such as planning and preparing healthy meals, medication reminders, and testing reminders.
Just what is diabetes?
As explained by the Diabetes Research Institute, to answer that, you first need to understand the role of insulin in your body.
When you eat, your body turns food into sugars, or glucose. At that point, your pancreas is supposed to release insulin.
Insulin serves as a “key” to open your cells, to allow the glucose to enter — and allow you to use the glucose for energy.
But with diabetes, this system does not work.
Several major things can go wrong – causing the onset of diabetes. Type 1 and type 2 diabetes are the most common forms of the disease, but there are also other kinds, such as gestational diabetes, which occurs during pregnancy, as well as other forms.
Merida Can Help You
- Understand diabetes and what causes it to have greater or lesser impact on your health and lifestyle.
- Monitor your diabetes and educate you on what to do when blood sugar and insulin levels aren’t at health levels.
- Manage your medications – all of them, not just your insulin.
- Learn how to exercise and live a healthier lifestyle.
- Learn to watch for signs that your diabetes might be having a negative impact on skin or nerve feelings.
- Help you communicate with your physician.
To learn more please call us 1-888-423-1197 and speak to a Merida representative.